What is Suntex Boat Club?
Suntex Boat Club is a private, members-only club, which offers access to the entire fleet of top of the line pontoons, tri-toons, ski boats, and wakeboard boats. As a member, you have unlimited use of the fleet. Also, club members get complimentary access to all of our water toys – wakeboards, kneeboards, tubes, skis and more! Members may use any one of our clubs, located on lakes Ray Hubbard, and Eagle Mountain in Texas, Lake Allatoona in Georgia, and Amelia Island in Florida. **Please note there is a $100 reciprocity fee for the Amelia Island location, however it is not available on holiday weekends at this location.
What are the differences in the membership levels?
- Weekday Only Membership Level – WEEKDAY ONLY (Monday – Friday, HOLIDAYS EXCLUDED). Access to Captains level boats (for access to Admirals level boats, ask about the Weekday Plus membership). May have three (3) reservations on the calendar at any time. May make reservations up to 45 days in advance using the online reservation system.
- Captains Level Membership: Access to Captains level boats (excluding wakeboard boats and some runabout boats). May have three (3) reservations on the calendar at any time with only one (1) reservation per weekend and holiday weekends (can use 2 reservations for whole day outing but not for Saturday or Sunday). May make reservations up to 45 days in advance using the online reservation system.
- Admirals Level Membership: Access to entire fleet of boats. May have three (3) reservations on the calendar at any time with only one (1) reservation per weekend and holiday weekend (can use 2 reservations for whole day outing but not for Saturday or Sunday). May make reservations up to 45 days in advance using the online reservation system.
- Corporate Level Membership: Access to entire fleet of boats. May have five (5) reservations on the calendar at any time with only one (1) reservation per weekend and holiday weekend (can use 2 reservations for whole day outing but not for Saturday or Sunday). May make reservations up to 45 days in advance using the online reservation system. Corporate memberships may have up to six (6) users under this membership. You can add and delete users throughout the contract as long as everyone participates in safety outings.
- *SHARED MEMBERSHIP PLAN: Membership is defined as one (1) Member or one (1) Member and Spouse. One (1) additional family member or other may be added to share a membership for $75/month at the time of enrollment. A Shared Membership will be considered ONE (1) membership. Specifically, only one (1) member of the shared membership may reserve a boat at any given time (i.e., two (2) members on one (1) membership may not have two (2) boats on the same day or two (2) times during a weekend or holiday weekend. No more than one (1) additional member may have a shared membership.
Can family members or friends share a membership?
Membership is defined as an individual or spousal couple (children included). Additional adult family member or other (over the age of 21) may be added to a membership for an additional $75 fee per month. All family members/others are considered ONE membership, meaning only one member may check out a boat at any given time. The maximum number of additional members is one (1). Corporate memberships are available, which allow up to six users.
How do I reserve a boat?
Reservations are scheduled using our online reservation system and may be made up to 45 days in advance of an outing date. Reservations are revolving. As soon as you use or cancel one reservation, you get another right back. In addition, you are not limited to the amount of times you may use a boat.
What if I want to make a last minute, same day reservation?
When making a same-day reservation, a minimum of four (4) hours notice is required between a reservation and the actual time of boat usage. Such reservations are required to be called in and confirmed with a Boat Club representative and may NOT be made online.
What hours are the boats available?
A boat outing shall be set out below, and are subject to change with notice:
Summer Hours from March 16th to October 15th (determined by daylight savings)
- Morning Outing
- Weekday and Weekend – 8:00am to 1:00pm
- Afternoon Outing
- Weekday and Weekend – 2:00pm to 6:00pm (and progress to 8pm as daylight permits)
As daylight becomes less, time will decrease back to Winter Hours
Winter Hours from October 16th to March 15th (determined by daylight savings)
- Day Outing – 10am to 4pm (Closed Monday and Tuesday)
Note: No boat may be reserved after the latest evening return time or overnight. We reserve the right to cancel reservations due to any just cause or inclement weather at any time.
How difficult is it to reserve a boat?
Not difficult at all! You can reserve a boat and various water toys up to forty-five (45) days in advance. For high demand holidays, we recommend that you book early. Otherwise, two weeks in advance is usually plenty of time.
What are the contract terms?
The term of the contract is one-year (12 consecutive months from the date you enroll in the club). You are required to pay the initiation fee at the time of enrollment and pay the membership dues monthly based on your choice of membership. Contracts automatically renew unless written notice is provided 60-days prior to the termination date.
What if I have little to no experience in operating a boat?
No problem! We require and provide all boaters, experienced and inexperienced, boat safety training, including instruction on the water and recommend parts of the lake to visit. We will gladly stay with you until you are comfortable operating the various boats in the fleet.
What type of insurance is provided or do members provide their own coverage?
As a club member, you are covered under the club’s insurance policy. You may be liable for up to the $2,500 insurance deductible for non-negligent accidents.
Are there any hidden expenses?
Members are responsible for dues, fuel, and all damage repairs to boats and/or equipment.
Are pets allowed on the boats?
Pets are allowed on designated pet-friendly boats only.
May we visit the operation and see the boats?
Absolutely! Tours are strongly encouraged and are scheduled by appointment only. We’d love the opportunity to share more about the club with you. Those interested in one of our DFW or Georgia locations, please click here to register for a group tour. For a private tour, please reach out to one of our Membership Directors (see below) or click here to go to our Contact Us page.
Contact us today to learn more!
Rob Cunningham – Texas Marinas
Director of Member Services – Texas Suntex Boat Club
Cell: (469) 404-3852 **NO RENTALS**
Contact Rob to set up a tour or to learn more about our three (3) DFW (Texas) Suntex Boat Clubs!
** FOR RENTALS, CALL 214-296-0408 **
Michelle Raymer – Lake Allatoona, Georgia
Membership Director – Lake Allatoona Suntex Boat Club
Cell: (770) 331-2040
Contact Michelle to set up a tour or to learn more about our 2 Lake Allatoona (located just north of Atlanta, Georgia) Suntex Boat Clubs!